• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever read a review that just sold you on a item?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16882021002

Reviewed By: CompNut on 4/20/2008

Pros: No mess, No fuss, No residue, Works a lot better than glass cleaner. No scratches. Spray it on. Wipe it off with the applicator and your through. One shot does the trick.
Cons: Little pricey
Other Thoughts: Cleaned the TV set with it. Wife said ""What happened to the picture? It's so much brighter!"". I told her ""I did your job"", then I went out back and ate dinner with the dogs.

Yes, I was looking for a LCD cleaner since I'm about to purchase some other items and ran across this sweet review. I was sold right after. :beer:

Other Thoughts: Cleaned the TV set with it. Wife said ""What happened to the picture? It's so much brighter!"". I told her ""I did your job"", then I went out back and ate dinner with the dogs.

lol

I'd like to know what's in these fancy cleaners. I bet it's all just marketing and you can make them with common household cleaners for ~$5.

I'd like to know what's in these fancy cleaners. I bet it's all just marketing and you can make them with common household cleaners for ~$5.

i'm not sure....EVERYWHERE i hear people say that ordinary glass cleaner has some chemicals in it that can damage the LCD's screen ( by deteriorating the screen ). And that you should use LCD screen cleaner.

though, i'v never looked much into it, to see if that's true or not. either way, i still bought LCD cleaner simply because i don't want to take chances on my HD LCD tv. cost me too much money to have something as simple as glass cleaner to damage it.

just did some quick looking....someone said that ethyl alcohol and ammonia-based cleaners can yellow your flat-screen or laptop monitor over time. So you should use chemicals that don't have those in it. they said Eye glass cleaner works well

and Viewsonic's website says..

"If still not clean, apply a small amount of non-ammonia, non-alcohol based
glass cleaner onto a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, and wipe the screen with only a
slight pressure. Too much pressure may damage the screen."

so basically, don't use Windex, or anything else with ammonia or alcohol to clean your screen, and you should be safe.

Last edited:
was too expencive cleaner on new egg said:
Super cleaning liquid contains no alcohol, ammonia, or cfc's

well i can tell you hats not in it.
amonia is pretty nasty stuff but i havent had any issues using it on my LCDs, then again i am not cleaning them nearly as much as CRTs either because they dont do that static thing that CRTs do.

it also does better on the glossy LCDs than the Matte finish LCDs.

i always thought that was odd, LCDs came out and the big feature used to be "matte finish no glare!" now its "glossy cinimatic quality screen" make up your minds SHEESH

I confess, I have been using Windex since day one when cleaning our LCD monitors, I have had mine for close to 3 years and the wife's is probably closer to 4 years old and neither of us have noticed any problems. They probably get cleaned about 8-9 times a year. Not saying it isn't a true, We just haven't noticed any change in our monitors.

Back