• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No OC improvement after 1.1v bios mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tester3000

Ok here't the deal. I had my 8800GT clocked to 760/1860/950 stable. I wanted to get some more juice out of it so i decided to do the 1.1v bios mod. Here's what i did

1) Use nvflash to backup bios
2) Change the ""Extra voltage" in Nibitor to 1.1v
3) Changed the boot up message (just for fun)
4) saved and flashed back to card

Now i know the flash went successfully because the bootup message has indeed changed. But when i tried to raise the core clock to 780, atitool started to artifact. Did i do something wrong? How much can I expect on the core after the bios mod? Maybe my bios came with 1.1v already? When i load the original bios the "Extra" setting is empty in Nibitor.

Thanks,
Tester3000

BFG ships its oc card with 1.1v already in the bios. I wondered why mine didnt go any higher either but it was on the card already. So lucky us. Your card might go a smidge higher also. Let us know if it does.

that stinks...well maybe ill be able to get my core clock to the same as yours after i mod mine.

I wish i could remember what its at now? lol

BFG ships its oc card with 1.1v already in the bios. I wondered why mine didnt go any higher either but it was on the card already. So lucky us. Your card might go a smidge higher also. Let us know if it does.

Thanks for your reply. I almost have the exact same clocks as you. LoL. I really haven't pushed my ram much. Looks like my core and shader are maxed out. I'll probably be able to push the ram some more.

What kind of temps do you have with your stock cooler? I get 40/55 (idle/load). My card can take a lot more heat so it looks like I might try my luck at a hard volt mod (soldering).

Mine at idle is 42c and under load never sees above 62c and it is hot in my house right now and my fan is at 80%. But once I kick the AC on it will probably drop to about the mid 50s like yours. And 60-61c is after about 3 hours of gaming on it at midday.

Edit: I doubt that even if I get the Zalman VF 1000 like I wanna get that my card will go any higher without a hardmod because heat is not an issue. I can go to 770 on the core and 1896 on the shaders but it isnt that stable so the sig clocks are what I am gaming on and they are rock solid. My memory hates it if I go above 1000, I can get 1030 but it is shakey and crashes.

Back