• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G & Motherboard Monitor Sensor Selection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I am using Motherboard Monitor 5 to monitor CPU temperature with an Abit IC7-G mobo. This application provides six options for the sensor (Winbond 1, Winbond 1 P2-Diode, Winbond 2, .... etc.). The selection makes a significant difference in the displayed CPU temperature.

What sensor is the appropriate sensor for the most accurate representation of the CPU (3 GHz Prescott) temperature?

You would have to play with them to see which one is the cpu temp. Install Speedfan first, then go into the bios and check your cpu temps against it.

Once you know which temp is the closest, then you can set MBM5 to it. That's how I did it.

Thanks, I did not know about Speedfan. I was able to use it to selectively stop the NB and CPU fans and see what temperatures changed.

Back