• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Would You Pay For This Rig...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GamerGuru

Registered
IF say you were a person who just wanted to game a had a general understanding of all the computer hardware.

AND

As a Gamer

EVGA 8800GTS SCC 640MB
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC to 3.0GHz
2gb of ram OC to 800MHz
Antec 500W Power Supply
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WU Black/ Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD-RW DL Burner
Pre-Installed Windows XP SP3
sound activated lights and UV lights and wiring

knowing that is custom built and that if you were to go to say alienware to buy one it would cost alot more money

i just need advice from you guys on what price i should start on

i say $1,090

here is a link to what it looks like

i could really use your guys input
thanks

Last edited:
I would roughly say $1k

also. You mentioned that you have oc'ed that q6600 to 3ghz. In the video it still looks like you are on stock cooling. What are your temps?

what HSF do you have in there?

as a normal person: i'd say you could prolly get what you want.

as a gamer//enthusaist: i'd say ~$800, as your cpu is the old B3 stepping right? and your 8800gts640 is kinda old now too.

To White_Pawn No Its The G0 Stepping SLACR...it is but it kills at any game i throw at it currently unless you want insane rez then it starts to get a little slow not much

To EmAn i get in 30s idle and in the 40s-50s full load i got really good vents so it stays cool also my room temp is usally really cold i live in a cold place

thanks for your input

EVGA 8800GTS SCC 640MB - $100
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC to 3.0GHz - $175
2gb of ram OC to 800MHz - $20
Antec 500W Power Supply - $50
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX - $75
RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WU Black/ Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower - $50
SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD-RW DL Burner - $20
Pre-Installed Windows XP SP3 - $75 (Must provide copy of cd and original key)
sound activated lights and UV lights and wiring - $20

Total - $585.00

I'd say around that is fair.

Are you trying to doop some one or be honest:beer:

All joking aside, Id say $600-$700 is fair.... How long have you owned the system, how hard has it been used?? The answer to those and similar questions can and should affect the price.

Just my 2¢

My prices are what I think is fair for those in used condition. I'd say they are about 20% less than new retail.

price it out new and take off %15 should be about right for a used computer.

if you go above that, and it is cheaper to build it new, your a scammer.

To Lilbuddy its new and not used i just built it all new parts im charging for the labor too just like real alienware and hp do thats not fair at all thats a lost in profit for me you got to be kidding me right ...thanks for the advice but i think thats wrong... also the prices you estimated are off a bit. the computer is not even a couple weeks old i just built it

to DUSNOETOS...everything is NEW i still have all the every box for all the parts and packageing not even a week old

my asking price is cheaper then any config you could get from retail like hp or similar ...yes i know if you go out and built it yourself it will be cheaper then that but not everyone has the time to do that...

EVGA 8800GTS SCC 640MB - $209.99
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC to 3.0GHz - $212.98
2gb of ram OC to 800MHz - $50
Antec 500W Power Supply - $95
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX - $95.98
RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WU Black/ Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower -$89.99
SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD-RW DL Burner - $26.99
Pre-Installed Windows XP SP3 - $80 (Must provide copy of cd and original key)
sound activated lights and UV lights and wiring - $19

thanks for your input.

but most of you guys are answering like you know stuff about computers not minimal knowlege like i asked i wanted 2 sides of it

it is sold now

Last edited:
If you used the machine and overclocked it. It is no longer new. It is now used.
Even if you only used it for a week.

I got boxes for parts I have had for 5 years. Actually, I have a sound card in an unopened box. Never tested to see if it worked, it is new condition, never used. Even though the part is still unused. The part is actually old(two generations past.) I cannot get premium prices for it or close to what I paid for it.. Most I could do. Is find an average retail price. Then tinker with how much I think the market would bear to sell it off.

if your building it , yes you can include labor costs and time, but will you cover warranties? if so then compare it to an OEM otherwise you cant, your not providing 24/7 tech support,replacement parts and such.. that is also in the cost, as well as the OS.

if you are, sure add a few hundred $$$ if not then you cant really jack the price up too high.

Mind if I ask what you ended up selling it for? I think that's allowed.
I think for someone who couldn't build their own system and wanted a mid-ranged gaming computer this would be a nice pickup for $900. I would want a bigger power supply for future upgrades though. Most would expect that you would provide at least a 1 year warranty on your workmanship along with the manufacturer's warranties on the parts. People want a reason to buy something from "Joe Schmoe" as opposed to buying from HP, Dell or Best Buy. At least 1 year of tech support would be a nice option too.

Last edited:
EVGA 8800GTS SCC 640MB - $209.99 - New 8800GTS $160 (This is better than the 640mb version)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC to 3.0GHz - $212.98 - $189.99 NEW at Microcenter
2gb of ram OC to 800MHz - $50 - $20 for 2x1gb PC6400 Corsair XMS2 or Crucial Ballistix
Antec 500W Power Supply - $95 - $60 for New Antec EA500
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX - $95.98 - $89.99 new on Newegg
RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WU Black/ Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower -$89.99
SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD-RW DL Burner - $26.99
Pre-Installed Windows XP SP3 - $80 (Must provide copy of cd and original key)
sound activated lights and UV lights and wiring - $19

Total - $736

You asked what it was worth and I told you. You never said you opened the boxes up, built it, and put it up for sale. I think we all assumed you wanted to dump your old rig that you'd been using for a year or so.

How much should you ask for it from someone to sell? Well that is up to you and up to the person you sell it to. I'd sell it to a friend for about $750 or so. Of course I'd use a better and cheaper case and no lights which would drop the price to around $700.

I think for someone who couldn't build their own system and wanted a mid-ranged gaming computer this would be a nice pickup for $900. I would want a bigger power supply for future upgrades though. Most would expect that you would provide at least a 1 year warranty on your workmanship along with the manufacturer's warranties on the parts. People want a reason to buy something from "Joe Schmoe" as opposed to buying from HP, Dell or Best Buy. At least 1 year of tech support would be a nice option too.

$850 is what it sold for

thanks for all your honest input i made have no liked it but hey its the truth lol :beer:

Back