• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums own Ultimate Gaming Project Build!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

CALLING ALL OVER CLOCKERS!!!
Gaming Build for OC FORUMS!!

I'm going to be building the ultimate Over Clocked Gaming Rig and want everyone to be a part of the build!!

I'm asking the OC nation to help me
Design, Create and Build The Ultimate Gaming Computer.

I want to build
"The best performing OC gaming rig passable."
So please let me know what the best setup would be to achieve this goal.

I would like the OC forums to List what mother boards they think would be the best for this gaming rig. After a few Mobo's have been tossed around I will creat a poll for the mobo's and what ever one has the most votes by the end of the week will be the Mobo I BUY!

I would like to buy mid range components that can be OC together to outperform or match high end gaming rigs. That is why I'm calling all Over clockers to help me pick and OC this gaming PC.

I will Also be updating the progress of the build

Last edited:
hmm ok 1k doesnt match with "Ultimate Gaming Computer". i read the title and said this would be easy....

This could go either way since you didnt say CF or SLI for the rig. I would go this way for starters.

E7200
Asus P5Q-DLX
ATI 470X2(when it comes out)
4gig ddr2-1066
Seagate 250gig (410AS)
Corsair 750TX psu
rest of the parts would be up to you...

I have updated my original post. I'm trying to get the OC forums to toss around some mobo's that they think would be the best for gaming and OC. Please let me know What mobo's you suggest then I will create a poll and select the winner at the end of the week and the then I will move onto the CPU next.

there is no "gaming" motherboard, its all marketing, like those fatility boards from abit. i mean do you want to use CF or SLI? that tells you what board to go with...

there is no "gaming" motherboard, its all marketing, like those fatility boards from abit. i mean do you want to use CF or SLI? that tells you what board to go with...

Read the thread, I'm building up from the mobo so weather i decide on ATI or nvidia depends on what mother board gets the most votes after I post a poll of the 5 most recommended/suggested mobos, and have the OC nation vote on the winner.I'm looking for a mobo most people can agree on here would be the best for graphics and OC. not what gfx card i want..

EVGA 790i
4 gigs of ddr3 2000 ram
QX9770
3 GTX 280 cards in 3 way sli I think they are all based of refrence design for the most part but EVGA FTW edition cards have the highest stock overclock
1200w power supply.
3 300 gig velociraptors in matrix raid with a 20 gig slice out of each drive for the first partition.
blu ray burner.
and a 30" lcd.
and if you want to get extreme add some ln2. Or get a phase cooler.

if i didnt read the thread i wouldnt have posted....my other post was in response to your " what are the gaming benifits", there are none. Its either you go SLI and get a EVGA 750i FTW or for ddr3 ram 790i or for CF you get a X48 based board, like suggested above. its really weird to choose a board then base your GPU buying on that board. just seems really backwards, since all boards that are going to be suggested will allow for best ocing on air/water. unless you have a phase unit your going to be using to cool the cpu.

EVGA 790i
4 gigs of ddr3 2000 ram
QX9770
3 GTX 280 cards in 3 way sli I think they are all based of refrence design for the most part but EVGA FTW edition cards have the highest stock overclock
1200w power supply.
3 300 gig velociraptors in matrix raid with a 20 gig slice out of each drive for the first partition.
blu ray burner.
and a 30" lcd.
and if you want to get extreme add some ln2. Or get a phase cooler.

i'd have to agree that ^ would be the ultimate. that's very similar to what jacob at xs is running.

Back