• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 batches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

hey guys im looking for a quad and i have a e6600 so a logical jump would be the q6600 and especialy for the price 220-240 aussie. i would definatly want to OC it and would want 3ghz+ on air preferably with the stock cooler. as this is what my e6600 is doing atm.

does anyone know what batches have a good VID as the stock cooler would really need that help. + are the G0s as good as everyone makes out? should i hold off for nehalem? if i was to hold out i wouldnt be buying on release as budget wouldnt allow it.

is it posible to find out a CPUs VID before i buy it? with batch number and stuff?

If ya got access to the classifieds, keep and eye out for one. As far as batch numbers it's hard to say any certain one will perform... it's more along the lines that its been "reported" that these certain batches will have better VIDs.

You may also look at the E8400/E7200 as they are hitting 4ghz on air quite easily.

my mobo doesnt have "offical" support for 45nm tho so the q6600 at 3.2 would more then tie me over till sumtime into nehalem considering my e6600 probably would to i just want sumtin new :p

Stock fan and heatsink in my experience well, :bang head! Do yourself a favor and get something like a ThermalRight True heatsink with a decent 120mm fan.

E

Back