• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razor AC-1 passthrough possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

I finally got my AC-1 from Woot after 3 weeks. I am trying to get it to passthrough the spdif and I cant figure out how to do it.

I downloaded the newest drivers from the Razor website. The only spdif out options are Dolby Digital Live, DTS, and 2 channel(44.1, 48, etc)

If I choose DD Live even when I play DTS movies my receiver only receives a DD signal and when I choose DTS and play a DD movie my receiver only receives a DTS signal. It wont switch over with different formats:(

I have my receiver on "auto" so it decodes whatever signal is sent to it and I want to pass the bitstream from the card to my receiver and have my receiver decode the format, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Someone else with this card, please tell me this is possible:confused:

I also just noticed no matter what it only outputs to my front two speakers, no center and no surround:(

Ok, I got the card to output to all speakers, it was a softwar(ffdshow) problem

It seems you cant do a simple passthrough with this card. You need to switch formats manually which is a real pain. I prefer DTS and the DD movies seem to play fine in that format so I will just leave it on DTS

Not ideal, but it works and it sounds really good:)

the problem is with the AC-1 software, it simply does not have a passthrough option

there is...

DD live
DTS interactive
Digital Audio 24-192k
spdif in loopback
spdif off

those are the only options

i have CCCP installed and i think that includes the most recent AC3filter?

if we can fix this that would be great:)

Back