• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I change my fan layout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freezer7Pro

So, this is how it's now (Green fans, blue cool, red hot, yellow is where it's open):
IMG_0185-1.jpg

I'm soon getting a new CPU, and I'll be taking out my mobo, which is quite a hassle with the Gemin, so I thought I'd hear if it's good like it is now, or if I should turn some fan around, etc. What do you think? Since the side is open, I thought the Gemin could handle intake pretty much by itself, with the two (40CFM, running on 5v) fans sucking heat out from beneath it. What is my main concern, is that the rear fan sucks a lot of air away from the top of the Gemin, too.

Thoughts/suggestions, anyone?

If you're leaving the side of the case open permanently, I think you've got it setup about the best you possibly can. If you were to put the side panel back on though, it would be worth testing the 5.25" bay fan doing intake work, and possibly adding a blowhole onto the roof of the case.

Back