• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI fan speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

My sapphire HD3850 fan speed is about 35% on folding@GPU. how to make it run faster? any BIOS out there to fix this issue ?

overclock question,
how much higher we can go from stock speed/voltage? give me a range so i try.

Thanks

Extract your bios with GPUz (make a backup)

Open it in Radeon BIOS Editor RBE ...
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1037/TechPowerUp_Radeon_Bios_Editor_v1.10.html
The third tab just click the "set all fan settings to recommended values" button
Save

Flash winflash

810 is borderline i recon (do it in 27's neater 30x27=810) or maybe try 783 if it is too hot
I just have mine at 720 in catalyst until I can be bothered lapping it.

Leave the memory at stock or 900, it does not do much useful upping it.

Last edited:
Extract your bios with GPUz (make a backup)

Open it in Radeon BIOS Editor RBE ...
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1037/TechPowerUp_Radeon_Bios_Editor_v1.10.html
The third tab just click the "set all fan settings to recommended values" button
Save

Flash winflash

810 is borderline i recon (do it in 27's neater 30x27=810) or maybe try 783 if it is too hot
I just have mine at 720 in catalyst until I can be bothered lapping it.

Leave the memory at stock or 900, it does not do much useful upping it.

I use Radeon BIOS Editor RBE to edit the bios like you said above for the fan and the saved file was .rom instead of .bin . i didn't touch the overclock things. i tried to flash the bios in DOS with the flag -p (atiflash -p 0 bios_name.rom) then i got an error 0FL01. should i use -f flag to force it? . the windows thing doesn't work on me. i use windows2003 so i believe it doesn't support windows2003

Thanks a lot

You could also just use RivaTuner from www.guru3d.com in the download section... that will allow you to change the fan settings and you can apply speeds based on temperature or just use a fixed setting. Just load up RT and then click on the small arrow by the title of your card and choose low level driver tweak/options or something, it's the first picture generally. That's a software tip without having to edit the bios.

You could also just use RivaTuner from www.guru3d.com in the download section... that will allow you to change the fan settings and you can apply speeds based on temperature or just use a fixed setting. Just load up RT and then click on the small arrow by the title of your card and choose low level driver tweak/options or something, it's the first picture generally. That's a software tip without having to edit the bios.
RT doesn't work with Auto but the fixed is working fine. currently i set it to 80% and load time by GPU folding is 65-71c max, it depends on ambient temp. core = 745mhz and mem = 849mhz. folding people said memory speed doesn't important for folding so i leave it at 849mhz.

the fan is damn loud if i set it to 100%.

18527258za9.gif

I'm working on some good BIOS fan settings at the moment...

EDIT: OKIE, I found some good settings for me. Using RBE 1.11 - 20% @ 40C yields a idle around 45 ~ 50C with the fan at 44%. I'm going to try and put it at 45% at 40C and see what that does. I have 100% @ 60C, it hasn't hit 60C yet though, usually bobs right below it under load.

Last edited:
Back