• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI or better card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Benzin

Right now I currently have a BFG 9600GT. I was thinking of either getting another or using the BFG step up program to upgrade to a 9800GTX or GX2. Would I see more performance out of the SLI setup or should I take advantage of the upgrade program? Thanks for the input.

Oh I payed around $200 for the 9600 and according to Newegg the GX2 are around 500 to 550.

You can't go by the Newegg price, but instead the price on the BFG website which is going to higher no doubt. I have an EVGA 8800GTS and looked into doing the step-up and the vanilla 9800GX2 is $429 on Newegg yet through step-up the price would be $549 minus what I paid for my GTS.

Yeah just checked the site...add another $100 to that GX2 price =P

Yeah just checked the site...add another $100 to that GX2 price =P

So you'd end up paying $450 to trade up or $400 for a new one from newegg. They aren't $500-$550, more like $395 to $430 (more if you pay too much) but you can get EVGA for I think $430 at the egg, plus you get to keep the old card to sell or have as a spare etc..

So you'd end up paying $450 to trade up or $400 for a new one from newegg. They aren't $500-$550, more like $395 to $430 (more if you pay too much) but you can get EVGA for I think $430 at the egg, plus you get to keep the old card to sell or have as a spare etc..

So you think I'd get better performance results from a GX2 then SLI?

So you think I'd get better performance results from a GX2 then SLI?

I asked this same question as did others and people tend to think the SLI would be faster... how much so is hard to say since haven't seen any benches comparing the two. Maybe we get lucky and a resident bencher here can test this to see which is better. You can 2 GTS for less than the price of 1 GX2.

Back