• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD4 - Can I turn OFF THE FREAKIN' MUSIC???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

Gads, that same Arabic tune is getting on my nerves big time. I wouldn't mind if I could turn it down, but on my rig, it drowns out the weapon fire and voices. I only see a general volume control--but nothing for adjusting just the music or weapon fire or voices.

Also, does anyone have a NO-DVD patch for this yet. I'm tired of swapping disks. I thought this was an archaic form of copy protection that only losers used a long time ago.

Gads, that same Arabic tune is getting on my nerves big time. I wouldn't mind if I could turn it down, but on my rig, it drowns out the weapon fire and voices. I only see a general volume control--but nothing for adjusting just the music or weapon fire or voices.

Also, does anyone have a NO-DVD patch for this yet. I'm tired of swapping disks. I thought this was an archaic form of copy protection that only losers used a long time ago.

FYI you don't need the dvd for multi player if you didn't already know.

For some reason, even acknowledging the existence of what I have selected in bold in your post constitutes a forum rules violation, even though you would be doing nothing illegal since you 've paid for the game...:confused:

A similar post of mine was deleted on the Mass Effect DRM thread and I got a warning, so perhaps you want to edit that or something... :/

For some reason, even acknowledging the existence of what I have selected in bold in your post constitutes a forum rules violation, even though you would be doing nothing illegal since you 've paid for the game...:confused:

A similar post of mine was deleted on the Mass Effect DRM thread and I got a warning, so perhaps you want to edit that or something... :/

Some companies patch their own software after a period of time in order to remove the CD/DVD in the drive requirement.

This is unfortunate, because the single player is quite engrossing and entertaining. I could rate it higher, but because I have to find and insert the disk every time I play--I miss out on play time just waiting for the software to decide it sees the disk in the drive. I just wish the people who are actually given the authority to make such a decision would get a couple of brain cells together before implementing this sort of copy protection. The fact is, if they don't do it themselves, someone else will happily do it for them --and it doesn't reduce piracy anyway.

BTW, as I have moved on a few more levels, the music volume has decreased a bit, but I still wish I could just turn it off completely.

Back