• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SiS 645 comes in the 4SDA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wild_andy_c

NAKED Overclockers Unite! Senior
Anyone else blessed themself with a Northwood 2.0A and 4SDA - I'm in heaven building this for a guy I can tell you - memory bandwidth deluxe !

I never thought the Sis 645 and MUTioL would be this good but memory bandwidth outweighs that of any of the Socket A chipsets. This board's been out for a while, and I'm kinda wishing I'd had one before for myself, but only Northwood has really made it worthwhile - looks like me buying one methinks !

It's a shame I can't overclock this as it's a system build, but I've dabbled and knocked out the 2.66GHz at 133MHz FSB at 1.75v but not quite gotten full stability.

That is interesting! My past experiances with sis have all been bad, nice to know they are headed in the right direction.

I just ordered one I hope it works ok.
I won't complain too much if it dosen't as the price is low.
Looks to have a lot of voltage adjustments :)

Only thing is the epox web site dosen't have any bios, driver or manual up for it so I can't read thru the manual before it gets here like I usually do.

From the number of posts in this section looks like I will be a loner or no one ever has problems with it.

Ok I will once I get it and set it up.
The memory I have now will run 190 cas2 in my current board and 205 cas 2.5 so I am hoping to be able to run with 133mhz cpu and 200 memory if I am lucky.

I just built a new PC using a 1.8a Northwood and EP-4SDA+ motherboard. I'm using Crucial PC2100 CAS 2.5 ram on fast mode @139 FSB. Not quite as good as the PC 2700.

Link

I need a new "free" picture hosting site.

Rapier

I've got the king daddy of aircooling, the Swifttech MCX478. To get it stable at 2.5 ghz, I have to keep the vcore at 1.8 volts. The swifty does a pretty good job of cooling, but the CPU still avg. between 134 and 140F under load (Genome)

Rapier

between the Northwood 1.6A and the EP-4SDA+ I just had to give Intel a shot again. Stuff should be here tomorrow!

You can't beat all the options EP-4SDA+ has:

FSB and Voltage settings:

FSB between 100-200mhz via Bios (1 mhz increments)

DDR mem voltage between 2.5 volts and 3.2 volts via Bios and dipswitches (0.1 volt increments)

AGP voltage between 1.5 and 2.2 via dipswitches (0.1 volt increments)

Vcore voltages between 1.475 and 1.85 via Bios (plus an additional 0.175 volts via dipswitches) all in 0.025 increments for a maximum of 2.025 volts to the core.

Memory Settings:

SPD modes of: safe, normal, fast, turbo and ultra.

Manual modes

CAS Latency of: 2T, 2.5T and 3T
DRAM addr/cmd Rate: Auto, 1T and 2T

CPUram Clock Ratios

100 - 119 FSB = available ratios of 1:1, 3:4, & 3:5
120 - 160 FSB = available ratios of 4:3, 1:1, & 4:5
160 - 200 FSB = available ratios of 1:1 & 5:4

The manual doesn't detail the PCI:AGP:FSB ratios available, however is does list a "auto detect DIMM:pCI clock" option.

So far I really like the motherboard. especially for $99 w/onboard RAID controller.

Rapier

Back