• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Ever Overclock E7200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pobri19

Registered
Hi guys, I'm trying to overclock my system, this is the first time I've ever attempted so. I increased the FSB speed in the bios to 280Mhz (originally 266Mhz). My specs are:

Western Digital 250G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache)
DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz HyperX CL4 (KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN) Kingston
Intel ATX E7200 CORE 2 DUO 2.53G 3MB Cache 1066FSB LGA775
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L P45+ICH10 DDR2 1200 1600MHz PCI-E 2.0 SATAII GLA
Albatron GeForce 9600GT 512M DDR3 HDTV Dual DVI TV Out DirectX10

oh and a 460watt coolermaster PSU that came with the case :p.

This increased the CPU clock speed to 2660Mhz (2.66G). It booted fine, and seems to be exactly the same as it was before, as in, sounds the same, temperatures are the same, etc. At the moment my CPU temp is 25 degrees, and during the day when it's warmer it's around 30 degrees. My system temp is 31 degrees, and maybe a bit warmer during the day too. I'm using all stock fans, stock CPU fan, stock case fans, etc. No extra cooling features. Basically what I'm wondering is how far can I safely push my system? Also, what's a good benchmark thingy to test it. Anyways yeah hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say, doing my best hehe. Ok thanks guys!

Basically what I'm wondering is how far can I safely push my system? Also, what's a good benchmark thingy to test it. Anyways yeah hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say, doing my best hehe. Ok thanks guys!
Well temps are what you're watching for first after successfully booting. Then, if you can run a stability/stress testing program like Orthos for 12+ hours with temps that aren't peaking over 60C and can get through a run of 3DMark06, you should be good.

Back