• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad AVG BAD!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a free year of AVG from them a while ago. Now I'm revo-uninstalling cause of that. No wonder the Internet got fussy when I installed AVG 8.

While I agree that this may be considered bad practice, it poses no threat to the individual PC that AVG is installed on. The fact of the matter is that AVG is the only AV that provides real-time protection against "poisoned" websites both in searches and directly. While this may construe an inconvenience to webmasters, it is actually SUPERIOR PROTECTION for the end user.

So, this only applies if you have AVG 8? I haven't upgraded to the new avg (I keep hitting the remind me later button), so I guess I'm in the clear.

I tried AVG 8 once and went right back to 7.5

I'm a NOD32 guy though. Install it and forget it.

Check out scandoo.com. It provides the same type of scanning of google searches that AVG does but at the server side.

I uninstalled avg last week after heavy undetected trojan infection on TWO machines . I am now using avira, i will see how long ...

Back