• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pagefile(virtualRAM) & AGP Aperture size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony4025

Registered
alright so for gaming, would setting different sizes of these things make a difference?

I was messing around with them, changing pagefile from 1900mb to 120mb, and changing AGP aperture size from 512mb to 32mb. But I can't tell the difference.

yeah sure, some websites say to set AGP aperture to 64-128mb, and set pagefiles to 1.5 x Total RAM. But when you think about it, are those statistics based on gaming? I don't think so. Those settings could prolly be for the everyday standard applications. Know what I mean?

BTW, would 3Dmark or PCmark be good for testing my PC with these settings? I'm thinking of setting diff pagefiles and diff AGP apertures then running 3Dmark to see if there's any performance gains.

What do you think?

no.

the old AGP size in the bios is more or less old old old and wont affect anything, if the vid card needs ram it takes it

also just let window handle your page file, the only suggestion is if you have a physical separate hard drive - move / add a pagefile to that drive, will make it faster if it is ever needed.

The only thing I ever do to my Pagefile is to make it a set amount of the 1.5x RAM. This isn't for a gaming boost, though, it's just to keep it stationary on the hard drive so that it doesn't get fragmented by being dynamic.

Back