• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuniq tower 120 cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darin1992

Registered
So I got this cooler, mounted it on my mobo but now idk where the cables go. I'm assuming the 3-pin one goes on my mobo where CPU fan is (even though its 4 pins, i matched up the ground pin with the ground on the mobo). But theres another 2 pin cable where does that go? If my mobo matters, its the ASUS rampage formula

The 2 pin goes to the fan controller that came with the Tuniq. Then the controller goes to the PCI slot so the knob is in the back where it can be reached for adjustments :)

Thanks loads, one last question, will I know if I didn't put enough thermal paste on it? like will the CPU run extremely hot?

Yeah, if you didn't put enough thermal paste, your temps will be high. But most people put too much instead of too little thermal goo.

What temps are safe on my E8400? cause the first time i booted my comp...it was way too high, like scary high because for some reason the stock cooler popped off and wasn't making contact. But what are norm temps? like 50c?

Anyone know where I could get more of the cover screws, if I seem to have misplaced them? If i take the heat sink to like home depot would I be able to find some that fit it?

What temps are safe on my E8400? cause the first time i booted my comp...it was way too high, like scary high because for some reason the stock cooler popped off and wasn't making contact. But what are norm temps? like 50c?

it'll depend on your ambient temp but 50c is a little high at idle. my e8400 is 32c idle and 50c under load.

Back