• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVDA Stock : 12.71

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MR-FIX-IT

Disabled
I just bought 500 shares of Nvidia...

Since it dropped over 30% in the last couple of days, I'm looking at long term here for my retirement. Hopefully, will split in a few years...and I'll have 1000 shares..

I just bought 500 shares of Nvidia...

Since it dropped over 30% in the last couple of days, I'm looking at long term here for my retirement. Hopefully, will split in a few years...and I'll have 1000 shares..

:beer: It can split 2:1 right now and it wouldnt make a difference. It would just be 1000 shares @ $6.355. Lets just hope they don't have logistical issues like they did last quarter. Maybe they will start using better packaging instead of having millions of dollars of cards returned because of damage.

:beer: It can split 2:1 right now and it wouldnt make a difference. It would just be 1000 shares @ $6.355. Lets just hope they don't have logistical issues like they did last quarter. Maybe they will start using better packaging instead of having millions of dollars of cards returned because of damage.

NVIDIA doesn't pack retail cards do they?

And how does one "buy shares"? At $12.71 cents even *I* can buy stock.

Not retail, only the contents distributed to companies like eVGA, BFG, Asus, etc. Shipping was what I heard. They took a 150 million dollar hit on defective products. It could have very well been in the manufacturing process but who knows. They still need to get their "you know what" together.

I use Scottrade

Last edited:

True, but @ 6.355 a share, the market would boom dramatically. NVDA is a very good buy right now.. dropping 30% was the best thing that could have happened for them and myself. a few years ago, I bought 20 shares @ $16.66 as a goof. I invested $332. Just to see what would happen. I now have 60 shares. Due to splitting twice. ;) 60 @ 12.34 is $740.40. Not too bad for a $332 investment. More than doubled my money in a few years. Can't do that any place else. Its not alot, But I still made on it.

More than doubled my money in a few years. Can't do that any place else. Its not alot, But I still made on it.

You actually can and more, and more reliably, but I won't get into that here.

I've been thinking about trying out the whole stock buying thing for awhile now, but I'm totally inexperienced beyond knowing the whole buy low, sell high concept. $12.71/share seems really good to me though(not knowing the trend over the past few months/years).

If you are serious, I'd suggest using Scottrade. They have a ton of local offices where you can just go in and give them cash or a check, they give you an account number and password, and you can just buy or sell from home for something like $6 or $7 a trade.

With Nvidia so low, I might even have to dump the AMD I picked up recently :)

If you are serious, I'd suggest using Scottrade. They have a ton of local offices where you can just go in and give them cash or a check, they give you an account number and password, and you can just buy or sell from home for something like $6 or $7 a trade.

With Nvidia so low, I might even have to dump the AMD I picked up recently :)

Thats funny... Today I was going to buy 300 shares of AMD... But I stopped myself... thats real funny...Currently @ $5.50. Only because the 4870 cards are really kicking a$$. and when the consumer is happy so is the market...

I use a program called stock ticker. located here to stay on top on the stocks... Its not real time as if I were logged in my account, but I don't want to stay logged in...

Last edited:
Thats funny... Today I was going to buy 300 shares of AMD... But I stopped myself... thats real funny...Currently @ $5.50. Only because the 4870 cards are really kicking a$$. and when the consumer is happy so is the market...

I use a program called stock ticker. located here to stay on top on the stocks... Its not real time as if I were logged in my account, but I don't want to stay logged in...

You forget: "The Consumer" doesn't even know that 4870s exist. Only people on sites like this know about that card. I think you better take a look at the overall sales before pinning your investments on a graphics card coming to save the day...

If your looking for stable retirement money, the stock market is about the LAST place to be right now.

And why would such a cheap stock split... makes no sense but im not stocks expert.

I was kinda thinking of buying myself, but have no cash available right now (story of my life - I always have cash except when there's a good buying opportunity. I still kick myself for missing the Google IPO).

I bought it @ 12.62. Already in the hole for $330. I'm not going to worry about it..Nvidia always bounces back..

I personally would be worried taking a over a 4% hit in a single morning. It tells you that someone knows something that you apparently don't.

Did you forget the disclaimer?

"Past Performance Does Not Guarantee Future Results"

So whether "Nvidia always bounces back" is true or not.... it has no relavance in an investors world. And if you made an invested based on your theory of always bouncing back, I would advise seeking financial advice. :beer:

I bought it @ 12.62. Already in the hole for $330. I'm not going to worry about it..Nvidia always bounces back..

buying individual stocks is THE HIGHEST RISK possible when investing, be prepared to take losses like that if you only buy into 1 company

hopefully it comes back, gl

buying individual stocks is THE HIGHEST RISK possible when investing, be prepared to take losses like that if you only buy into 1 company

hopefully it comes back, gl

It'll come back. This isn't AMD after-all... NVIDIA, INTEL, IBM, and Microsoft are all here to STAY. No answer to WHEN it will come back... but it certainly will.

It'll come back. This isn't AMD after-all... NVIDIA, INTEL, IBM, and Microsoft are all here to STAY. No answer to WHEN it will come back... but it certainly will.

Highly speculative... but you may be right... then again you may be wrong :beer:

What's wrong with AMD? They make a very competitive product, cards and CPUs. What does Intel and NVIDIA have that AMD doesn't? Sales? Lower cost of operation? Greater demographics? AMD needs either a management or marketing change, their products are very "sellable"

Back