• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who works customer support/tech support from home?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nan0_man

Just wanted to know if anyone does like tech support or anything for companies, from home. I've heard people do it and I'm looking for a career change.

Anyone?

i wouldnt reccomend it, i dont think one wants to be stuck in a chair non stop from home...people need to get out...if you want a career change never to late to co back to college :)

working from home is NOT all it is cracked up to be, trust me, been doing it on and off for the company i work for, pretty much freedom to be at home or office.

you end up spending MORE time working (this is why some companies push for people to work from home, studies show people will do more work this way)

you get bored, you don't socialize..... it is nice now and then but i would not want to do it for a career.

Well, I was hoping for more of an evening thing, but probably would be more hassle than its worth. I have a well paying job but my bosses are *** monkeys,.. so I'm frustrated. Maybe I'll have a couple of little signs made up for computer repairs or something. And if that gains speed and becomes a business one day, I can finally tell my bosses to go boil their heads.

I would love to work from home, just don't let your boss hard ball you. My work requires me to be available for the A shift and the way my job is setup I don't have to finish everything, it just gets passed off the the B shift team. As long as I post good enough stats to fly under the radar, I'm good. Working from home would save me money on meals and on gas which would be a huge help. I could easily save $100/week if I could work from my appartment.

true, working from home does have it advantages (i spend $350 a month on taxis)

if you can limit the work at home, and have a seperate office space kind of thing, i think it can work out for you, you just have to be really good at seperating your work from your personal life.

true, working from home does have it advantages (i spend $350 a month on taxis)

if you can limit the work at home, and have a seperate office space kind of thing, i think it can work out for you, you just have to be really good at seperating your work from your personal life.

Yep, that's where you'd run into problems. I remember seeing something about people with Blackberry's demaning compension on non-work hours because they ended up doing a sizable amount of business during off hours from their handhelds. Not sure how it turned out but I'm guessing not ideally for the workers. :p

Yep, that's where you'd run into problems. I remember seeing something about people with Blackberry's demaning compension on non-work hours because they ended up doing a sizable amount of business during off hours from their handhelds. Not sure how it turned out but I'm guessing not ideally for the workers. :p

it seems to me that people are just asking for it if they own a blackberry.

yes i understand that it is nice to have your personal email at all hours of the day (as i have an iphone so i can check my mail from anywhere) but it is very easy for me to not do work when i am not in the office since i literally can't when i don't have my laptop. when i am on call for my week of the month, i am compensated nicely for my after hours services.

i think that a blackberry would only be good for someone who would be considered to be on call in a 24/7 environment if they are the work-a-holic type. now if you can separate your personal life and work life, then i am sure it isn't a problem.

Back