• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

128MB ti200s?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyE

hmmm, I've seen a few sites relating to this card, but I can't find a place that sells them in the US. On pricewatch all I could find is

http://www.buyeee.com/aopnvidgefti.html

Never heard anything about the aopen cards - only know that they make good cases =0. Would this be worth buying when it becomes available?

I would like to get the gainward the most, because i hear they are the best for overclocking,
( http://www.gainward.de/press/geforce3_ti-200_128mb.html ) but I cant figure out how to order from here. ANyone have anymore info?

no imho there are no games currently out that need moe than 64megs of memory..nor games coming soon.

ya, even if I wouldnt use all the videomem, I could always just say I have 128mB of videoram! wewt!:D

These cards are 128mb... now... on nvidias website the maximum memory configuration is 64... wont using 128 maybe cause instability? Maybe I'm dumb but that seems to me like putting 2 gigs of ram on a mobo that only supports 1 gig...

correction, your right, guess i had a brain fart...

DDR doubles the bandwidth, works on the rising an falling of the clock cycles

anyways, i thought the 128 mg onboard memory was only on the GeForce 4 cards?

Well it looks like its a non-reference board. I just foudn out that mine isnt a reference board- it is infact manufactured by Aopen - and i am very pleased with it - VERY please with it. I havent got my sinks /fans yet, but its shows to be quite overclockable (250/333 - PC166DDR).

128MB is nice but - its like having a car with extra seats. You only have 4 ppl in your family - so most of the time only 4 seats will be used - but perhaps in the near future you have more children and then you are thankful for the extra seats :)

Basically 32MB is bog standard - you dont realyl need more than this - thats NEED not WANT - i found that som,e 64MB cards went slower than their 32MB counterparts!

128MB hmm sounds nice - if you can afford it - go for it :D

Peace.

Well if they weren't crazy expensive, I might be able to squeeze one in my budget. I remember when I got the first 64MB geforce available and it was hecka cool. :cool: Well, I guess I'll wait awhile, see if the gf4s bring down prices a lot, and probably just end up with a regs gainward ti200...

I have a feeling it will end up being sort of like those 128 meg mx-200s. The idea of having 'lots of slow memory' doesnt exactly help things much. I think if they were going to bother with 128 of decent memory on a gf3, they would at least put it on a ti500. Otherwise, i would expect really slow memory.

According to the article I read... It will be a Golden Sample (warranty covers overclocking) with 4ns memory. To me the ti200 chip seems like a good move to keep the price down;)

Back