• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 64 bit a no go???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reznik

I cant seem to launch crysis in 64 bit mode it just goes black the screen then crashes says soming about crysis.exe blahb labh no responding. The 32 bit runs just fine. (nothing is wrong with the hardware) has anyone else experinced this could they help me out...just one one of those things i would like fixed since theres no reason why it shouldnt be working
His Radeon 4870 @ 35% fan oc 790/1100 @ 55 idle/71 load
western digital 500gb sata 2 @ 7200rpm
OCZ GameXtreme 600w
19 inch AMW lcd monitor
Vista home premium 64bit

Bah was hoping that it was an nVidia issue :/ No ones responded to me really on this as well. I have the exact same issue. Well its weird I should say, more or less mixed results. 64-bit w/ DX10 was a definite no go for me when I OCed my CPU, when it was at stock no issues. Now 32-bit w/ DX10 worked at OCed CPU lvl's but was no go when it was at stock.

DX9 with 64-bit had no issues at all. Yeah not sure what to say on it. Its quirky thats all I can put my finger on. It might work it might not. I personally would rather load up in 64-bit, it edges on the slightly more FPS than 32-bit besides quicker load times, but I'd like to run in DX10. For that guess from now on i'll just hack up my files to run DX10 graphics in DX9 get the performance boost and settle with steady game play.

BTW I had this issue since release and is only related to DX10.

I am having the same problem. In Vista Business 64bit I can not run the 64bit version for Crysis. I get the same black screen. 32bit runs fine and I get solid performance so it does not really bug me at all. :bday:

Well ok yesterday ran 64-bit flawless no issue for hours and DX10 if not mistaken. Guess its a toss up. Weird glitch.

I've seen this problem pop up on boards for a while now, but my instance of 64bit Crysis has no issues. You've updated the crysis game itlsef, yes?

I've seen this problem pop up on boards for a while now, but my instance of 64bit Crysis has no issues. You've updated the crysis game itlsef, yes?

I've tried it with default game, 1.1, 1.2, and the 1.21 patches and have had the same wierd results. Sometimes ya, sometimes nah. Really wierd if you ask me, but I don't seem to have the issue anymore either.

Back