• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tv tuner card problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brooka

Registered
hey there.
well im new here, been looking around for a while now.
its a great community here.

yesterday i disasemled my pc and painted the inside black just for fun.
i have a stock hp m810a

not a great computer but it will do for now.

anyway. after installing everything again tonight i have encountered a problem.
it seems while everything else works, my TV tuner doesn't.

i have no clue why this is so.
i believe i have everything plugged in properly and it doesn't look like there's any damage to the socket. it feels very hot when touching it not sure if hat normal or not.

could it be due to static or something? i touched the metal of the case and such but im not sure.

any suggestions would be great thanks.

:welcome: to the forums.

Does Windows still recognize your capture card, or is it missing from the device manager? If it is there, try reinstalling the driver. If not, did you place the capture card in the same slot as it was and does it need any kind of power directly to the card? Also, having the card name would help

well it came with the pc but im guessing its called ASUSTek LNA Tiger Hybrid Capture Device. in wich case yes its in the device manager and it says it working properly.
i clicked install latest driver software and it said the latest software is allready installed.

there is a ten pin conecter that runs to 4 input types ( svideo ect)
and there's a four pin conector next to that however there was never a cod runnign to that.

the green led is on and the temp od the card is still very high.

im stumped:shrug:

thanks.

Try uninstalling, then reinstalling....Thats all i can really think of for a problem like that.

okay well ill try that tmorrow.
for now though im off to bed. lol.

its 2 30 so yer.

thnx for the help guys.

okay so when i tried to uninstall it, my computer shut down then when i started it again it loaded into windows and then the screen went Grey. i left it for a it but ended up just restarting it, same thing happened again until i tried once more and it was back to normal. but the driver had not been uninstalled.

really confusing.. looks like i might have to ask my computer store about it.

thnx for the help anyway though.

Back