• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java JIT compiler optimizations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grimm003

I am working with a Java JIT compiler, particularly Jikes, and I was wondering what kinds of optimizations are available from this kind of compiler? I don't have any experience with these kinds of compilers, but do they do loop-unrolling and register renaming, or completely different methods?

I am working with a Java JIT compiler, particularly Jikes, and I was wondering what kinds of optimizations are available from this kind of compiler? I don't have any experience with these kinds of compilers, but do they do loop-unrolling and register renaming, or completely different methods?

Probably. I can't think of any reason they wouldn't be available, though it depends greatly on how the JIT is implemented; I know nothing about Jikes. (I bet the developers would know.)

Back