• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm in need for a good hard drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trist007

Registered
I'm looking for a good solid hard drive. I want something that copies and moves files rather quickly, something with a high transfer rate. I don't really wanna spend the money for a Raptor though. From what I hear, Raptors don't really have a high transfer rate, only a low seek time. I need around 500Gb. I had a Barrucuda 500Gb with 32mb cache. It was great with AHCI enabled and disk caching on in windows xp, until I accidently yanked the sata cable from it as I was doing a wiring job on my new case. Dammit, I broke off the sata connection port in the back of the hard drive. Anyhow, I've learned to leave all satas or anything delicate undone until all the major stuff has been connected.

Are there any other really fast hard drives besides this Barracuda 500Gb w/32mb of cache? I don't wanna get a SCSI either. Any good ideas? Or should I stick with the Barracuda?

Back