• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS to unveil DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So what does this mean for video hardware that is DX10 compatible and at the same time DX9 capable? Does this mean we can expect future patches in order to run DX11 or will we be required to upgrade AGAIN?

Is it just me, or does the article imply that MS is admitting to too much DRM in Vista?

Maybe they'll get it right next time and just remove all DRM.

Probably not though since the "powers that be" are still fighting tooth and nail to have everything DRM'ed even though its becoming less and less popular with the general consumers.

So what does this mean for video hardware that is DX10 compatible and at the same time DX9 capable? Does this mean we can expect future patches in order to run DX11 or will we be required to upgrade AGAIN?

I wonder, with the current gen of cards being so programmable they might well be able to support DX11, but their having enough horsepower to actually run DX11 games is another question completely.

****. I just upgraded. Damn. Always behind the curve here :/

since Windows Vista and the development environment were just too unstable to use them as a development foundation
No, it was more stable than my XP. It's just a bit slower. Just a bit. OEM's machines are already slow as they are with all the crapware in them, so VISTA totally kills it.

Back