• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

I'm researching building a gaming computer that will require high capabilities and a good amount of storage for dozens of games (my current is 4GB and I've had no space problems). I want a good SATA harddisk. What's the price range and key price-related differences and good types and brands?

ya that WD6400AAKS is currently the champ not only is it 14 cents a gb but its one of the fastest drives out there.

Realiability should be about the same. The Seagate has a five year warranty compared to three for the WD, take that for whats its worth. The WD is faster but all my systems have Seagates and will stay that way.

Does that WD640000AKS support native command queuing? What about Automatic Acoustic Management? AHCI?

Also, how is this hard drive fast? Transfer speed? Seek time? Burst?

Please excuse my noobness if some of these questions are obvious. I just want to make sure.

Seagate is the best and very old in the market of HDD's, I personally have 2 drives about 360 GB's on SATA and both are working very well. Go for seagate's drive.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Back