• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okami!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

I know it's two years old, but seriously check this game out if you haven't (it's out for the Wii and PS2). It's a visual, audio and gameplay masterpiece that you cannot miss out on! (senseless plug).

I know it's two years old, but seriously check this game out if you haven't (it's out for the Wii and PS2). It's a visual, audio and gameplay masterpiece that you cannot miss out on! (senseless plug).

Heh, appears as if Oni has taken on a student. :D

Looks cool, I'd give it a try if I had a platform for it.. Wait a second, my PS3 isn't backwards compatible?! :) ridiculous.

I'm glad somebody else likes this amazing game. I've still yet to buy it, though! I'm going to get it for Wii when I get a chance, and I've already beaten it on the PS2

I'm glad somebody else likes this amazing game. I've still yet to buy it, though! I'm going to get it for Wii when I get a chance, and I've already beaten it on the PS2

I've got it for the Wii... it's one of the most fun, highest quality titles i've got for the Wii. Using the Wii-mote for brushing adds alot to the feel of the game, like it was meant for the Wii.

& Oni, your avatar makes me die a little inside.

~ Gos

You lost, didn't you? :D

I figured the brush strokes would be a little nicer w/ the Wii, in all honesty. Sometimes the strokes were cumbersome with the thumbstick on the Dualshock, and more often than naught my cherry bombs would just fade away, but it was workable.

Loved it on the Ps2. I never completed the game though and if i ever get a Wii again ill be waving my Celestial wii mote no doubts about that. I reckon it's a better action rpg even than Zelda TP and it just oozes charm and character.... Damn you for reminding me how good this is i may pick up a ps2 for this and kingdom hearts1&2 and GOW 1&2

After playing Okami, all the Zelda's just seem like jokes. Well, they both have the same action-adventure feel, and Okami definitely wins.

Using the celestial paintbrush on the ps2 version is not so bad at all - actually it seems as refined as it could for use on an analog stick. And the circles for things like cherry bombs do not have to be perfect, just the motion has to represent a circular object with a line going through.

I want a Wii just for Okami. It looks like a blast to play. I've been following it since Oni posted about it a months back. If only I had that elusive thing called disposable income...

If you had a PS2 or a ps3, you could just get the ps2 version. It even has some benefits ( such as a beautiful end credit(that some boards say is the best they've ever seen (I know subjective (wow so many after thoughts ))).

Nah, no PS(2)(3) at home. It'll be the Wii version or nothing for me... the celestial brush with the nunchucks looks too fun to pass up. :D

Meh.. This went in the same pile I keep Shadow of the Colossus in. Beautiful games, OK gameplay, cool story, but repetitive to the point of boring me to tears. Happy to support the developers by buying a copy, no regrets there, just wish they had a bit more variety..

Ah still debating whether or not to give it a second run through. I found battles a lot easier on the ps2 version.

Thread Resurrection!!

I found Okami used yesterday for <20 bucks so I picked it up. I had read lots of good things about it and they were all true. Played it for a solid 4 hours and it's fantastic. The art design is top notch and the story is interesting. The half naked wood sprite chick is kind of unnecessary, very geeky. The one knock I have against it so far is the battles have been very very easy so far. I haven't even lost a full life sphere in a battle yet.

I hope it is good. Based solely on this thread you resurrected, and as I picked up a Wii on Black Friday. I went to numerous GameStops until I found a copy. but usually games recommended here turn out to be not too bad :beer: :santa: :beer: :santa:

Thread Resurrection!!

I found Okami used yesterday for <20 bucks so I picked it up. I had read lots of good things about it and they were all true. Played it for a solid 4 hours and it's fantastic. The art design is top notch and the story is interesting. The half naked wood sprite chick is kind of unnecessary, very geeky. The one knock I have against it so far is the battles have been very very easy so far. I haven't even lost a full life sphere in a battle yet.

Yeah... the beginning of the game is quite easy. I found however that later on into the game it got surprisingly difficult at first, but once you find the patterns of enemy ai, the game becomes easy again (like any adventure game I suppose).

Back