• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

taskbar items/windows slow to respond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dragging takes ages, pdf's take a shocking amount of time to display, restarts don't help, and my install is only a couple of months old. Spybot/adware/hijackthis/antivirus picks up nothing (I was psychic in knowing Thirdeas would advise this :p ), no more or less systray items running than before it started, what else should I check?

Dragging takes ages, pdf's take a shocking amount of time to display, restarts don't help, and my install is only a couple of months old. Spybot/adware/hijackthis/antivirus picks up nothing (I was psychic in knowing Thirdeas would advise this :p ), no more or less systray items running than before it started, what else should I check?

How are you resource levels looking? My first thought is you may have a something either eating up your CPU or RAM. Have you tried going into safe mode to see if the sluggish problems still occur?

You mentioned PDF's... is AdobeUpdater.exe running in the background?

I would along with the previous post perhaps test your RAM and other items. Could be a sign of a problem. All the RAM showing up in BIOS and System Properties.

Z

cntrl alt del

check your CPU usage and what is running in the background when taskmanager pops up, then go from there...

laterzzz...

Back