• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ALL 4870x2 Reviews in one Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hope you guys have nice bigh PSU's and lots of cooling for the heat that mother will put out, it is also gigantic.

One? This makes me want to get two!! :burn:

Wait one sec- it wont work on my motherboard :bang head

I guess I will wait for Nehalem to upgrade mobo and get best card out then :eek:

Hope you guys have nice bigh PSU's and lots of cooling for the heat that mother will put out, it is also gigantic.

PSU will be upgraded when the cards are out.

As for cooling, 80- 90c is a little hot, but most of it will be put out the back of the case. Not like they will ship cards with inadequate cooling for stock speeds.

Space isnt an issue in my case.

http://www.akasa.co.uk/akasa_english/spec_page/cases/spec_ak_bkcse_01.htm#

One? This makes me want to get two!! :burn:

Wait one sec- it wont work on my motherboard :bang head

I guess I will wait for Nehalem to upgrade mobo and get best card out then :eek:

Why wont it work on your board?

For those of you interested in this card and not wanting to blow buko bucks on a high end PSU, I just spoke with Thideras. He recommended the Corsair 620HX to me, so it should be good for a setup similar to mine also.

E8500 @ 4.2ghz
Asus P5Q Deluxe
4 modules Gskill (8GB)
4870x2
X-Fi Sound Card
3 HDD's
9 120mm Fans (8 yateloons, 1 old Panaflo U1A)
1 MCP655 Water Pump
1 Fan Controller
1 Dvd-Burner
2 Cathodes

The overall wattage under full load of this card will probably be in the 225-275w range. As Anandtech reported about 406.9w (total system) under full load of power draw.

17191.png

imagine the System power consumption under the load of 2x 4870x2s in CFX ~ 812 watts..
That's total system power. The X2 has a TDP of 300W (PCI-E + 6 pin + 8 pin), but it will never consume anywhere near that number.

imagine the System power consumption under the load of 2x 4870x2s in CFX ~ 812 watts.. :eek::eek:

i do so want 1 though :santa:

406.9 is total system load power draw ... thats everything in the computer case, cpu, video card, ram, hdd's, everything ...

4870x2 in xfire ... you would probably need around an 700w-ISH psu. The Corsair TX750 would probably do the trick nicely.

That's total system power. The X2 has a TDP of 300W (PCI-E + 6 pin + 8 pin), but it will never consume anywhere near that number.

Ya, I had to figure that out earlier hehe, I'm so excited to see what type of water blocks they come out with for this monster and how fast they do it!

Back