• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870 Beauty....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

Just thought I'd post a couple of screenies of this bad boy in action...I'll havta loadup Trackmania and maybe a Crysis demo.

shot1cod4.JPG

shot0005.jpg

I turned up everything to the max in CoD4 @ 1680x1050 and it didn't even phase this card. frame rates almost constantly stay above 60fps. Only in the city scenes does it dip below 60 to about 45fps when AA is maxed. This card is simply amazing. I cannot stress how smooth it is and how good it makes things look.

I turned up everything to the max in CoD4 @ 1680x1050 and it didn't even phase this card. frame rates almost constantly stay above 60fps. Only in the city scenes does it dip below 60 to about 45fps when AA is maxed. This card is simply amazing. I cannot stress how smooth it is and how good it makes things look.

heh have only owned mine a week and i can say the exact same :beer:

Yep, I've been running CoD4 on max everything and it is absolutely amazing. Still playable with a low end card but the graphics just aren't the same.

depends on the game really, my guess is the ss was CS:S. if you have vertical sync enabled it will drop or keep your fps low and sync'd. disabling this can be a quick fix. also games like Day of Defeat allow you to edit the cfg file and change the allowed fps_max.

For some stupid reason PB will tend to kick you because some douche bag server admins feel that having it set to 0 or higher than 250 will give you an advantage...so, just forewarn if you start getting kicked for no reason.

Back