• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone see Fallout 3 at E3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

Well the demo Microsoft presented I thought was pretty bland but after watching the fallout 3 trailer from fileplanet and a demo later that night I'm pumped again!

October 7th I heard was the release date! wee.

Yah the general public can't go to E3 anymore. But I watched it on G4. I'm glad they kept the combat system for the most part, without that it just wouldn't be fallout.

I didn't play either of the first two games, but this looks stellar.

I especially like the cinematic feel the turn based action gives the game. I'll probably play in real time most often, but it did look really interesting.

If you havnt played the first to I would definatly say go and pick them up, you can usually get them in a 2 pack for like $5-10 in the bargain bin. Fallout was a great game, and Fallout 2 was one of the best RPGs I have ever played, I would enthusiaticly reccomend it to anyone.

yeah, if you think you might by Fallout 3, then do yourself a favor and start playing the first two now. The replay value is very high as well on these games.

I agree, fallout 3 will be even more epic once you play the first 2 and understand where the story is coming from.

Fallout I think was one of the greatest RPG's I've ever played.

I also hate Single player games, but the fallout series have been the only game I've been able to sit through and complete in a good 5 years I would say.

Fallout 3 looks awesome... and no I never played 1 or 2. I need to find time to play those... though I did just finish Mass Effect (so awesome)... so maybe now I will have some time.

Be prepared to put some time in, fallout 1 and 2 weren't short games.
I hope fallout 3 is the same.

One of the things I'll miss is in Fallout 3 you won't have any party members, its more of a solo game but it makes sense with how fallout 3 is laid out since fallout 1 and 2 were strictly turned based combat.

One of the things I'll miss is in Fallout 3 you won't have any party members, its more of a solo game but it makes sense with how fallout 3 is laid out since fallout 1 and 2 were strictly turned based combat.

Yea, oddly enough, I'll kind of miss that about the first two. They were done well enough that the turn based format didn't ruin the experience, or take you out of the game. Fallout 3 looks like pure awesome, but I'll definitely feel nostalgic after playing it...

Be prepared to put some time in, fallout 1 and 2 weren't short games.
I hope fallout 3 is the same.

It should be this video, if not find the E3 Fallout 3 Gameplay vid, the guy narrating states that there can be up to 100+ hours of gameplay.

Thread convinced me to try F 1, 2 before getting f3. These going to work in 64bit Vista?

Back