• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg + UPS = No Love

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

Ordered my (2) 4870s Saturday from the Egg.

Order was supposed to arrive today via UPS like they have done on a minimum of 100+ other occasions (Yes. I have well over 260 orders with Newegg in my account history)

Found a UPS notice on my door stating the package was left at my Rental Office. WTF?!?!?!?!

(This is either the first time in over 100 transactions UPS decides an adult signature is not required, or its the first time Newegg doesn't specify that an adult signature is required...one of the two screwed up...you figure it out)

I walk over and talk to Peggy at the rental office. She says the office was closed today from 10am until 3pm for a eviction handled through the courts. No one was there to sign for a package and the lights were out and the door was locked. Package was "delivered" at 1:13pm

I contact UPS and ask why, in over 100 interactions they decided to leave the package at the office. It wasn't marked as Adult signature required, according to them.

Newegg is not even worried where the package is, they just want to know if I want a refund, which takes 15 days to process according to the rep.

I ask, If I request a refund and we reorder the items "right now" (this being well over an hour ago) do I get them tomorrow? (Keep in mind their warehouse is less than 10 miles away from me and they have cards in stock there...I asked the rep and was told they were in stock at that warehouse, anyway)

I checked my bank of america account (you know...the account with the realtime transaction updates) this morning to see when newegg charged me for the order i placed on Saturday because I was getting anxious to get them.

It took newegg only 12 minutes from opening up today until they pulled the money from my account.

Hmm...12 minutes to process an order, 9.7 miles from warehouse to destination...should be doable, right?

Newegg says no. They can't get me the cards tomorrow because it takes 1-2 business days for processing.

They "could" have processed my order today and I "could" have had the cards tomorrow.

Newegg, you just lost my business.

This is one of the reasons I buy most of my stuff local that plus no shipping. What I would save buying from E-shops would be gone + more for shipping . Plus I support a local store and they will pay for shiping on rmas for the first year (not to mention the 7day return no restocking fee So you know you can get a good clocking chip)

Well, I really don't see a major problem here..

your stuff got lost, it got refunded, you ordered new stuff and they said it will take 1-2 days. It all sounds very reasonable to me

1 Your stuff got lost - No. It wasn't lost. UPS didn't deliver it. There's a difference.

2 It got refunded. -- No. It didn't. It takes over 2 weeks for a refund.

3 You ordered new stuff. -- See #2 above

4 They said it would take 1-2 days. -- That is just to process the order, not ship it. oh...throw in the 15 days to process a claim.

Your beef should be with UPS. Newegg did what they were suppose to do. They shipped it out, and UPS is the one that screwed up. They either delivered it and someone snagged it while no one was around, or "attempted" to delivery and someone kept it. As for the delay in credit you can blame the credit card companies for that. It's not like Newegg is purposely delaying the transaction. It takes time to get a refund.

dribblesnort what do u do for work?

and by the way it may take several days to have money put back on your card if you want, get or are issued a refund. Take that up with your bank.

If that happened to me, I'd be glad that I purchased through newegg, because if your purchase was lost due to UPS's mistake, many of the other e-retailers would have told you to shove it. I mean, you could just have easily picked it up yourself and just claimed that it was stolen. No way for you to prove otherwise, either.

Console: I wish I lived in an area that had good availability of tech parts. Around here the only options are Office Depot, Walmart, and Best Buy. And from my limited perusing, I don't think any of the stores have ram with speeds higher than 667 Mhz. And those are going for $100 for 2 GB. If I don't want to buy outdated hardware at exorbitant prices ordering online is essential.

Frankly, I think Newegg did everything they were supposed to do. UPS messed up, not a surprise there not Newegg. Just because they don't have someone available to drive the cards over to your house doesn't mean Newegg was at falt here.

I have a beef with UPS in that they seem to have decided that my address does not exist. However I found newegg was quick to reship my order using fedex when I called and talked to them about it.

Back