• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

CPU.jpg

I overclocked my cpu to 2.88 ghz, but in realtemp it's lower?

Thanks, I disabled C1E and it worked! Temps are hotter though, now I idle at 41-42 degress, but it doesnt make a difference to me.

Now I installed vista and it's doing the same thing, I have c1e disabled. I can't seem to find speedstep or E1ST in the BIOS.

The same thing as in showing incorrect clocks? I have very very little experience with Vista tbh. At some point, you'll be asked to list your system specs are(Other than a secksi Q6600) so that'd be a good place to start.

Yea it's 1gz lower.

Here are my specs:
Dfi Infinity P965 Dark Mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 overclocked to 2.9 ghz
EVGA 8600GTS 512mb
Kingston 4gb DDR2 800 ram ( Currently using 2 at the moment )
750gb SATA Hard Drive ( Partition with vista is currently 350gb )

Anything else you need to know please say so

Also: Currently I cannot boot into xp when I installed vista, once I boot into xp I'll see if it's at the right clock.

Windows only shows the default multiplier, and realtemp is often wrong too. Something like CPU-Z can show you your real CPU clock speed at all times, the others are not to be trusted.

Cpu-z is the same, but I figured it out, when my cpu is under heavy load it will switch the multiplier to 9 so it will be at normal speed. When it's idle it switches the multiplier to 6 so it's lower. It's better like this right?

Yes, it is just a power saving feature that throttles the CPU speed down when it is idling.. Same goes for C1E and Speedstep..

You should be oK to enable them... Only disable them if you get stability problems, but that should not be the case (and if you get them is probably not even the cause)..

It should not have any influence on your Overclock.

Back