• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD X2 6000+ AM2 Vcore alarm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drausus

Hey, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum! :-(

I have a AMD x2 6000+ on a M2N32-SLI mobo, TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX, Corsair 750W, 8800GTS 320MB.

today while running prime95 to test this setup, about 45 mins into the test PC Probe 2 alarm sounded for Vcore and it was showing it at 3.26V, the alarm sounded for about 5 secs, and then it showed the voltage to be 1.38v again.
I had no crash or system pause and at the end of 2 hours prime95 showed 0 errors, also memtest can run for 18+hours error free.

Would anyway say this is a bogus alarm? im sure the mobo would not even be able to get the Vcore to 3+ V would it?

I would say probably a glitch in the readings. Software can never get accurate volt reading at all, your best bet is to use a multimeter and find a way to read the vcore. Once my software reading claimed my 3.3v was at -10v. If that was real, my PC would have been fried.

Last edited:
Actually CPU-z is nearly dead on with voltage readings. Every board I've had for the past few years CPU-z is within a few hundredths of a volt. Not bad for software reading.

I've been wondering about the accuracy of CPU-Z's voltage readings. Good to hear someone has had a good experience with it - and for a few years now, too. :)

Back