• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 733 clocking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XepheX

Hi!

I got a problem when i´m trying to overclock my P3 733Mhz(coppermine) processor.
The problem is about the DIP-swithes.
It dosn´t make any diffrence when i´m change it.
Recording to the manual there shouldn´t be any problems to set it at 8,0.

Would be wery thankful if someone could help me with this.

Some spec.
P3 733mhz(coppermine) as you know :)
Epox EP-3VCA motherboard.

What are your settings for the dip switches?
FSB?
Multiplier?

Make sure your dipswitches concludes to that your raising the FSB and the multiplier stays at 5.5 since your default FSB is 133.

Yodums

I guess i wrote wrong.
the multipler is 5,5
and the FSB is now at 140 Mhz.
I probably dont know what DIPswihes are ;)

Well raise the FSB the most you can until something gets in your way possibly vcore?

Whats your default vcore?

i have a pc 733 overclocked to 880 (5.5*160) and it works fine. I am not sure what you are talking about dip switches.... Do you have a 370 to slot 1 converter card? Or are you changing your fsb through the dip switches. I was a little confused.

Just to let you know that you cant change your multiplier on pentiums, (if you know this already.. sorry, dont want to insult you or anything.) As yodums said... keep upping the fsb. You really should check the vcore setting inside the mobo, what is it right now with 140 and what is the max vcore setting (almost every mobo can up the vcore...) so just to get this straight you have 5.5*140 = 770, but nothing helps you go higher? clarify and maybe yodums or I can help more.

Here it is!
No DIP switches ( im a n00bie ) :)
The Vcore is 1.75v, and i cant change it.
the mobo change it automatically.
And the FSB is now at 140Mhz.
But if i rasie the FSB more, isn't it a risk for the memory to broke?

memory

well what kind of RAM do you have? If you ahve pc133... i wouldnt even worry about it, the comp i used has all pc 133 @ 160 fsb. This is the cheapo kind of RAM also. If you are using high performance pc 133 (like cas2, micron, samsung etc), then again i would say "dont worry about it". Now if you are using pc 100, or maybe ultra cheapie grade RAM, you might have to worry. The other option is ... if you are running your RAM at a cas2 setting, retard it to CAS3 (in the mobo) or set the speed settings to "normal". Normally RAM isnt a problem. If it does turn out to be a problem, pricewatch has 256 pc150 ram ~ 40 bucks.

1)tell us what kind you have though before we continue.
2)give us a more detailed spec of everything you have (pci cards/agp etc)

Back