• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

Would like to set up my MCP-355 via 120V standard home outlet. Any ways I can go about doing this? Perhaps something I can pick up at a local electronics store (with lots of random switches, relays and whatnot)? I also have another power supply, but I would REALLY rather not have to use it.

You can go the AC/DC adapter route, but i'm unsure how many amps you'll need for the 12VDC to run the pump.

This is what I had when I was using car stereos and car CB radios in the house. Worked great too!

seems like a lot of hassle when you could just power it directly from the psu no?

Yeah: Nominal current (@ 12 V) =1.16A to 1.58A You might get away with something like this but you'll need to find one that will supply the 12v DC with the amperage between min-1.16A to max-1.58A.

seems like a lot of hassle when you could just power it directly from the psu no?

He's trying a mod ;)

Yeah: Nominal current (@ 12 V) =1.16A to 1.58A You might get away with something like this but you'll need to find one that will supply the 12v DC with the amperage between min-1.16A to max-1.58A.

He's trying a mod ;)

lovely, thanks neb, I'll ask my dad to help me out, (i'm not big on electicity. mechanical engineering FTW!). and yes. I am trying a mod. Also I don't want to strain my PSU too much. it'll already be pushing a GX2 and a C2Q 6700

Back