• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-1000 $58 AR or 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 $20 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am so tempted to get another pair of those DDR2 800 sticks... They run so well for me @ 1:1 4-4-4-12

I don't know about those OCZ rebates though. I've read some bad stuff about OCZ rebates in the past. How about it you all? What has your experience been with their rebates? I have no personal experience with their rebates myself.

Had no problems with their rebate on the last set that I bought. It takes forever (as rebates usually do) but I have a feeling that the negative feedback comes from people who can't take the time to read and properly mail in the correct information/UPC.

Uh the usual 6 month delay but I got it. I think one for Ram and one for a PSU.

They may have a theory that money is worth less the longer they wait.:screwy:

In the case of our $ they may be right.

I don't know about those OCZ rebates though. I've read some bad stuff about OCZ rebates in the past. How about it you all? What has your experience been with their rebates? I have no personal experience with their rebates myself.

Unlike the last two posters my 2 OCZ rebates have been fast and easy. :shrug: The 2GB kit is a really nice price and it's not Crucial :p

I actually just sent in an OCZ rebate today. The rebate I had for the Reapers required the postmark to be no more than 12 days from the ORDER date - not the received date. They're just setting you up to fail as far as I'm concerned.

To protect myself, I got a "proof of mailing" from the post office. Seems kinda ridiculous to spend $1.10 for a $35 rebate, but if OCZ tells me I didn't send it in on time, I have proof.

Uh the usual 6 month delay but I got it. I think one for Ram and one for a PSU.

They may have a theory that money is worth less the longer they wait.:screwy:

In the case of our $ they may be right.

they probably sit on your monies in order to collect some sort of interest off the bank.

I used a rebate on an OCZ flash drive. Got it in the expected time frame for rebates (many months later, when you've forgotten about it).

I have had 100% success rates with OCZ, and that's DOZENS of rebates I'm talking about. Just make sure you have the rebate form filled out, the invoice printed, and the envelope stamped and addressed before the product comes in... I typically have my rebates in the mail within 1 business day :)

Of course, I scan them too and file them on my file-server until the rebate is received.

The OCZ Plat R2 kit is a sweet deal... as for 4gb, I've no experience... I end up with 3gb on my machine (Win XP 32-bit), so I don't bother with anything over 2gb (except for my vista laptop, which I don't OC anyway)

i also had good success with OCZ rebates. read fine print tho. My rebate required me to have it mailed no later than 7 days after the purchase date.

I lost $40 rebate. I sent the form and everything that OCZ required for the rebate to OCZ rebate dept then i keep waiting and waiting for 10 weeks. I emailed Eric (i don't know his last name but i believe most of people here know him) he asked me to re-send the stuffs but i don't have them. i didn't make a copy before i send the rebate stuffs out.

i also had good success with OCZ rebates. read fine print tho. My rebate required me to have it mailed no later than 7 days after the purchase date.

On this one it says within 12 days of purchase.

I lost $40 rebate. I sent the form and everything that OCZ required for the rebate to OCZ rebate dept then i keep waiting and waiting for 10 weeks. I emailed Eric (i don't know his last name but i believe most of people here know him) he asked me to re-send the stuffs but i don't have them. i didn't make a copy before i send the rebate stuffs out.

I've been scanning all of my rebates since about 2 yrs ago when EBX denied a rebate of mine that was filled out correctly.

It's a good thing to make it a habbit... this way you can organized it into a folder on your PC and know which ones are pending. :)

I've been scanning all of my rebates since about 2 yrs ago when EBX denied a rebate of mine that was filled out correctly.

It's a good thing to make it a habbit... this way you can organized it into a folder on your PC and know which ones are pending. :)
I nerver had problem with rebate before, even a small company. OCZ is a big one so i trust them that's why i didn't make a copy. a good lesson to learn

Back