• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus DRW-2014L1T DVD Read Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AresOlSkool

Registered
Ok, so I have an Asus DRW-2014L1T, and it no longer wants to read DVDs. It will read a CD perfectly fine, however the instant I put in a DVD it will not read it. When a DVD is inserted, the drive says DVD-RAM in the My Computer window and when I right click to open the drive to see the contents there is nothing there. Won't read any DVD btw, movie or otherwise. Any ideas short of throwing it into the lake and buying another one?

PS:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. Through the hardware manager, by unplugging the drive's power and sata connection and booting up the computer, and by a combination of uninstalling the drive, shutting the computer down and disconnecting all connections to it and rebooting with it disconnected. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! I have also tried updating the firmware as well.

Back