• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Price Drop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speaking to investors at the Nomura Asia Equity forum in Singapore, Sony CFO Nobuyuki Oneda revealed that the company does not plan on dropping the price of the PlayStation 3 this year.

“This year, our strategy is not to sell more quantity for PS3 but to concentrate on profitability,” he said. “Our plan is not to reduce the price.”

Nope, I wouldn't count on it. Who knows though, maybe right before the holiday season...

source

They are replacing the 40gb with an 80gb HDD for the same $399. I would expect this to be out by the end of the summer to be honest.

I woukldnt be shocked if the PS3 dropped to the same price as the 360Elite, but I'm not expecting it to.
If this years christmas is a retail disaster, as it very well may be, expect big and deep cuts.
Prices are unlikely to move before october though

I woukldnt be shocked if the PS3 dropped to the same price as the 360Elite, but I'm not expecting it to.
If this years christmas is a retail disaster, as it very well may be, expect big and deep cuts.
Prices are unlikely to move before october though

I suppose you are referring to the 80GB MGS4 PS3 bundle, and we are just comparing pricewise, right?

There are rumors floating around that PS3 may have another price cut before the holiday season. Xbox360 just had a price cut, it may be very possible for the PS3 to do the same.

Back