• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest FSB mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mlee49

Hey guys, new to oc forums and just wanted some input.

I want to push a e8200 to 4GHz and I need to know what mobo will support this monster FSB. The 8x00 series chip prices are falling thanks to the 8600 later this year.

So I want to pick up a 8200 and a killer FSB monster mobo to push 4GHz. Any suggestions?

I dont care about CF/SLI or chipsets. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Ok, so I have been researching a couple boards.

DFI LANPARTY LT X48-T2R
or
LANPARTY LT X38-T2R
or
ASUS P5Q Deluxe or P5E Deluxe

What do you guys say? I want crazy high FSB like 500+ to kill an e8200.

My P5Q did 580 fsb. You will not be limited by the board, you will be limited by the RAM (at those speeds)

:welcome: to the forums btw

My Biostar TPower I45 runs stable with an E8400 at 533x7.5 running ddr2-1066 1/1 ratio. I'm waiting on some faster memory to see how much further I can go.

right now I recommend the Rampage Extreme......you will need to ditch your DDR2 and get some decent DDR3 though....it will be coming to a retailer in USA soon, maybe two weeks....Duck of team Japan got this board to 700 FSB....just freakin awesome!!! It is my next motherboard for sure.....:beer:

edit add linky for you: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195851

right now the king of kings in FSB is the Rampage Extreme......you will need to ditch your DDR2 and get some decent DDR3 though....it will be coming to a retailer in USA soon, maybe two weeks....Duck of team Japan got this board to 700 FSB....just freakin awesome!!! It is my next motherboard for sure.....:beer:

oooooo, any reviews on this yet?

Thanks for the help!

I really like the DFI and the Asus P5Q. The Rampage might be too much for little old me, so I think I'll compare prices and make a decision soon. Thanks for the help guys!

My Biostar TPower I45 as said has hit 700FSB. look around it all over :D

Biostar now has the record for fastest FSB on a mobo :) they win.

Back