• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rivatuner problems with Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roofles

FIXED!
The fix is this: *from post 5*

Just incase anyone wanders by here, I found a way to use RivaTuner v2.09 with Vista X64 without having to hold f8 or use any other crazy fixes. This also works with SP1 and without having to uninstall KB93* etc etc as those are loaded into SP1.

The fix, is entirely here its utterly simple and I didn't have to reboot at all. Good luck!

So I just installed Vista as I wiped my XP64 install by accident. Either way I'm running the 177.39 drivers so I get physics support on my 9800. I installed RivaTuner v2.09 and go to start it up and I get two errors:

Cannot find Rivatuner64.sys, so I'm assuming I'll have to download that from somewhere (not really difficult).
and
This driver is not digitally signed, would you like RivaTuner to turn this off and restart Vista. I click yes, the computer restarts, but then I still get this error when I start RivaTuner!

I've read that I can turn off driver signing by holding F8 during startup, but that it only turns it off temporarily, so every time I reboot it will default to being on. Which I suppose is fine, but would either a) the settings from RivaTuner stick and b) would I be able to mess with some features without having to restart and turn driver signing off every time?

Thanks.

Last edited:
For the x64 version of Vista, you can set it up to where it will keep the driver signing enforcement turned off, but there are 3 updates you can't install, and you can't install SP1. I don't remember all the updates, but they are posed in the Microsoft Operating System sub-forum. Search for KB9* and driver and you should find a list.

Just incase anyone wanders by here, I found a way to use RivaTuner v2.09 with Vista X64 without having to hold f8 or use any other crazy fixes. This also works with SP1 and without having to uninstall KB93* etc etc as those are loaded into SP1.

The fix, is entirely here its utterly simple and I didn't have to reboot at all. Good luck!

Back