• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 8800gt 512 SSC vs normal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mustwarnothers

I own an 8800GT SSC. I think it's clocked to 650hz. Right now, it seems like 8800GT's are going for rather cheap so I'd like to purchase a second one and run SLI. The problem is, the deals I am looking at are not selling the SSC version of this card, just the normal 600hz version.

My question is will getting a normal 8800GT interfere with running SLI with a SSC version of the same card? If I OC the new card with RivaTuner will it essentially be the same as the SSC card?

Sorry if post confuses you, my english is bad.

:welcome: to the forums!

8800GT 512 = 8800GT SC 512

Unless I'm mistaken, I think I read somewhere here, that SLI performance will be based on the clocks of the lower clocked card, that is to say the other card will only beneficially match those clocks, anything extra is wasted. SSC's are factory OC, I think that's really the only difference. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oldskool is correct. The SLI'ed cards will run at the speed of the slower card.

Yes, you could OC the regular 8800 to the speed of the SSC, most likely very easily, but its not necessary.

thats a pretty decent deal for a 8800gt
yeah everyone mentioned it above, its gonna run at the slowest clock speed of the 2.

welcome to the forums and have fun with the new vid card :)

Back