• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4850 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reddevil6

ok i put this 4850 into a computer im building 4 a friend i have changed the fan speed to 35% so it runs cool but in 3DMARK06 it has a low score (I think) the SM 2.0 is 4724 an the SM 3.0 is 5773 but the CPU is right E8400 score 2804 an the total is only 11595 this is low for a 4850 is it not.

That's about what I get, I hit about 11,440. Id say all your scores are almost the same as mine except I get 2700 for my CPU. Seems some people with a cpu older than mine with worse clocks can net about 12 -12.5K though. Not really sure what the deal is there.

That's about what I get, I hit about 11,440. Id say all your scores are almost the same as mine except I get 2700 for my CPU. Seems some people with a cpu older than mine with worse clocks can net about 12 -12.5K though. Not really sure what the deal is there.

Overclocking? :)

Overclocking don't budge my score one bit except in vantage. I know 06 is more cpu oriented but I thought id see something.

Overclocking the gpu should raise your score in 06 too. Use AMD GPU Clock tool, don't use CCC because the OC will be really minor.

And raising your score in vantage should mean something. ;)

ok thanks also do you guys know what a 4870 will get in 3DMARK06 with default setting @1280 x 1024 cos that is what i ran the 4850 test on an i want to compair
thaNKS

Im sure you can find out with a quick google, i dont know the score off the top of my head.

Back