• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Panasonic FX500 works fine in Vista, freaks out in OS X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Mods: not sure if this should be in here or Alternative OS's; feel free to move it.

I just got my new Panasonic FX500, and its pretty good. A little noisier than I was hoping for, but good nevertheless. Anyway, I took a bunch of pics and connected it to my MacBook Pro using the supplied cable. Immediately, I got a Device Removal error (The device you removed was not properly ejected", etc). Huh? I connected the camera, not removed it, so why should I be getting a removal error? The camera was still connected in Finder, so I clicked OK, thinking it would still let me access the memory card, but OSX immediately unmounted the card. Then it mounted it again and gave me the same error. This repeats ad infinitum. I force quit Finder from Activity Monitor, which gave me a little breathing room; enough time to upload 10 pics or so. Then it mounted the card again and the cycle started again. Help?

Its a proprietary cable, so I don't have a different one to try. I've tried formatting the card on the camera and I still get the error. I don't get this error in Windows, which narrows it down to an OS X problem.

Back