• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CSR plc Vista Optional update problem Fixed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

I installed CSR bluetooth radio update through vista updates. I thought it was an update to my original bluetooth software but it then ran another thing in my task tray as well as the old one. Neither worked from then on in, probably a conflict. I found that Vista will not let you uninstall Optional updates (I searched the net and lots of people are having this problem). Also there was nothing on my Hard Drive that related to "CSR". I found that the icon in the task tray wasn't even in the task manager so I couldn't close the program. It wasn't in msconfig or startup. Its like it didn't exist on my computer but it was in the tasktray. Then I broadened my search to just optional update uninstalls and finally came across one about some Intel driver. So the solution is to simply rollback the driver for the bluetooth. Now its all gone and running fine again.

Just thought I'd get this out on the net because I couldn't find it anywhere. So hopefully if anyone has the same problem they'll find it here.

Solution: roll back driver.

Thanks.

Back