• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Codemasters "GRID"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

This game is by far the best racing game i have played to date, VERY realistic, tons of great cars and events. gah im addicted.

Graphics are AMAZING, and VERY smooth, im doing 1280x1024 max settings with 4xAA and its smooooth as butter with my E6600 @ 3.0ghz and my 8800gts 640 @ stock clocks!

just raving about this game, talk discuss!

Welcome to 2 months ago...

Just playing :p
I haven't played it on my PC, but when it was released I worked at a video game store, and played it there for a bit on the PS3. It is a pretty damn good racing game.

This game is by far the best racing game i have played to date, VERY realistic, tons of great cars and events. gah im addicted.

Graphics are AMAZING, and VERY smooth, im doing 1280x1024 max settings with 4xAA and its smooooth as butter with my E6600 @ 3.0ghz and my 8800gts 640 @ stock clocks!

just raving about this game, talk discuss!
Yup yup :)

This is probably the first racing game where I had *fun*. I finally realized what that word means.

Oh yeah, playing since day 1, absolutely a blast! Very easy on hardware, too. Their last game DiRT, was a pig! I still played through that three times. I am really loving GRiD. I actually make sure I've got coffee or an energy drink when I play it, to keep focused. If I have a beer or three I'm off the tarmac! I'm not really a fan of the 'Season' structure but other than that I don't really have any gripes. Also I don't play any of the 'Touge' drifting races.. not my thing. The 24hr Le Mans is intense.. day / night cycles! I'm getting a second copy free with my new 4870 in the mail. Game looks great maxed at 19x12. When I started playing this, I told myself: "I'm going to destroy my 360 ctrl'er!"

Yeah, there are a few other threads on this if you want some more info. Anyways, I've been playing it since it came out. I have 2 or 3 more race series to go and I'll have beaten it. I think the physics are extremely unrealistic, but I've probably had the most FUN playing this racer.

The only thing that ****es me off about the game is how buggy it can be at times. 3 times now, I have been racing along like normal down the middle of a straightaway, and my car just launched into the air, did about 4 back flips, then landed back on the road.

Oh yeah, playing since day 1, absolutely a blast! Very easy on hardware, too. Their last game DiRT, was a pig! I still played through that three times. I am really loving GRiD. I actually make sure I've got coffee or an energy drink when I play it, to keep focused. If I have a beer or three I'm off the tarmac! I'm not really a fan of the 'Season' structure but other than that I don't really have any gripes. Also I don't play any of the 'Touge' drifting races.. not my thing. The 24hr Le Mans is intense.. day / night cycles! I'm getting a second copy free with my new 4870 in the mail. Game looks great maxed at 19x12. When I started playing this, I told myself: "I'm going to destroy my 360 ctrl'er!"

i love just about every race style grid offers its definitely the most fun i have had in a long while playing a racing game.... DiRT was a dog on hardware thats for sure, but still fun as hell!

Beautiful game, but the console-likeness almost ruins it. I personally can't stand all the different screens you have to click through after every race. As an example, the awards thing where there is 10 lines and each one takes a second to load, and clicking doesn't make it go any faster. It takes a good minute to minute/half just to get to the point where you can setup another race.

Also, the very thin tracks blow since the computer AI all drives in the same phreaking line in bunched up little groups and ram right through you when your try to get around them.

And whats up with having the in car view but not being able to look out the sidewindows?

Anyone else get massive vid lag whenever smoke makes an appearance? Instead of like low frame rates, I just get this really jerky gameplay. Visually it still is smooth, but a in-game second goes from lasting 1 reg second to maybe 5, and then it rushes to catch up and warps all along.

So far as actual racing fun, I think flatout has it beat hands down. But grid is very pretty and has more variation.

Burningcpu, I dont have the problem you have (playing on PC) and I hope you can find a fix because it sounds really annoying.

I like the game Grid. But there are a few down sides, like driving with the keyboard is just a pain in the ***. As you first play the game on the pc your first race is with an uber car with too much power. With just pressing forward you just get wheelspin and do a 180 turn if your not carefull. It also doesnt give a realistic feeling for steering (Playing Dirt with a keyboard was way better.).
And as posted before by burningcpu that the AI is quite weird. I find it too easy to take over in sharp corners compared to the rest of the track (for excample I start at 20th place in a race and when I crash into the group at the first sharp corner I get 3rd or 2nd place.)
Other than that its a great fun realistic/arcade racegame with great graphics.

^ You need a 360 controller.

The AI does kind of bog in corners, and I do get that smoke issue, but I just got a new proc, and a new 4870 is in the mail. We'll see if its hardware related or not.

I get the same slowing down screen when theres smoke, its strange, it doesnt jerk, just goes in slow motion then speeds up again.

+1 for the xbox control pad, best thing i ever bought!

What is needed to use the 360 controller with the PC? Is it just an adaptor or something? I'd love to use my controller sometimes in games and that would make me want to get this on the PC over my 360, since I'd be using some of that power I got under my hood and not burning out my 360 on hot days :)

Great game im just going through a i must finish games i have bought phase at the moment though so half life 2 episone 1 & 2 have taken priority then ill get back to this, oh yeah i also have an ongoing addiction/obsession with football manager 2008 keeping me from smoking rubber.

What is needed to use the 360 controller with the PC? Is it just an adaptor or something? I'd love to use my controller sometimes in games and that would make me want to get this on the PC over my 360, since I'd be using some of that power I got under my hood and not burning out my 360 on hot days :)

Yeah u can buy a dongle adaptor for pc or just use a wired 1 or wireless with play and charge kit attached like me :)

Yeah u can buy a dongle adaptor for pc or just use a wired 1 or wireless with play and charge kit attached like me :)

I just use a wired xbox control pad, just plugged it in and the drivers were already installed. And the games with 'windows live' on the box have full controller support

Back