• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apps crashing for no reason?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eichhorn18

Hi. I'm trying to narrow down a stability problem with my new build seen in my sig. I have been experiencing random application crashes both at max load and just running idle.. firefox for example just crashed on me while posting something.

What is the most probable cause of such a crash? I am also experiencing random freezes and failure of usb mouse and keyboards.

Before someone asks, my drivers are up to date and my bios settings are on auto.

Thanks

Sounds like memory to me.

Try upping the voltage to the memory.. or at least make sure that 'auto' is supplying the correct voltage needed for your rams stock timings.

Sounds like memory to me.

Try upping the voltage to the memory.. or at least make sure that 'auto' is supplying the correct voltage needed for your rams stock timings.

I've set my ram timings to the correct 7-7-7-20. I manually set the voltage to the stock rating of 1.8 V. Cpu Z still reads the dram voltage as being 1.5V.. should I trust this? Either way I'm still crashing.

Back