• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silicon Image Sil 0680 ATA/133 controller help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

I recently bought a Silicon Image Sil 0680 ATA/133 controller to replace a dead Maxtor SATA/150 controller, To run a couple of older drives. Since my Motherboard has enough SATA ports on it for me, I was not concerned about getting a replacement controller card with SATA. I chose the new controller card since it claims to be able to handle up to 4 IDE devices.
Currently I only have 2 15gb drives attached to it. All seems to work OK until I wanted to format one of the drives. I got an error message?? Never had this problem with my old Maxtor controler... (nor will the new card read SMART ???) Any ideas??? Ive tried every thing I can think of...

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,740
And just in case it helps here is the list of features off the box....

Attachments

• screenshot3.JPG
    screenshot3.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,704
Have you installed the non raid drivers in Windows? Thay are specific to being non raid, it also appears to be Vista. Make sure that the drivers match the bios. have you entered the 0680 bios and set up the drives as non raid?

Have you installed the non raid drivers in Windows? Thay are specific to being non raid, it also appears to be Vista. Make sure that the drivers match the bios. have you entered the 0680 bios and set up the drives as non raid?

I will check....

Back