• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts tv out problem on hdtv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Hi peeps i was just wondering if any of you can help me with the problems i am experiencing with my 8800gts g92, brand is evga ko edition which i am trying to pair with my new LG 37LG3000 37" Lcd tv i am using the latest nvidia drivers just prior to the 23-6-08 release and have the latest drivers ready to install but im sure it should work anyway.

Ok on to the problem, i have recently bought an DVI -HDMI 5m cable from ebay and planned on using this on 1 of the DVI ports on my gts and run my asus 19" monitor on the other but when i go in to nvidia control panel and select multiple display either, clone or independent setup i can not get a signal of any description to appear on my HdTV i have tried changing the hd signals from 720p all the way to 1080p although i believe my tv only supports 1080i and only chose this setting in desperation all to no avail, please can you awesome problem fixers help?

Ps i live in the uk in ccase any region specific values need to be set although i dont believe this is an factor in hdtv also the nvidia panel recognises that the LG tv is connected as it appears in the multiple view setup drop down menu leading me to believe it is not a fault with the cable.
.l.

Last edited:
Why are you writing in gigantic letters? :)

Anyway... Of course region specific values still matter. Pal is still Pal and NTSC is still NTSC. Make sure you've downloaded the proper drivers for your region.

I'd say just try the obvious: Disconnect the monitor and try just using the TV. See if that works. Once you've got the TV up and running, work backwards to get the monitor to work.

Dual display settings are always a little quirky...

For people who are visually impaired :) (Reverted to regular font and size)

Forgot to mention i am running vista x64.

Rainless, i have tried to setup the tv as the only monitor but have had no joy with it and i have also tried to run dual display with an svideo cable but got no joy with that either.
It must be some thing to do with the drivers imo but i have exhausted all the option i can think of and really want to play grid and half life episode 2 on my new toy.

Last edited:
have you tried restarting the computer with both monitors plugged in and switched on?

Another thing you might easily overlook in your excitement to get working on the HD -> Is the TV tuned to the proper input channel for the HDMI slot you're plugged into?

have you tried restarting the computer with both monitors plugged in and switched on?
Yes i have

Another thing you might easily overlook in your excitement to get working on the HD -> Is the TV tuned to the proper input channel for the HDMI slot you're plugged into?
Do you mean have i plugged this in to the correct hdmi port? if so yes i have plugged the cable from my gfx card into the 3rd hdmi slot which is marked dvi and it is on the correct input as in hdmi3 on the tv

Any other suggestions available are all welcome i am using a DVI-D cable which i was led to believe was the correct choice and the fact that my tv appears in name only albeit in the nvidia multiview panel would suggest this is driver related as i also had problems with svideo on this same tv with the same symptoms.

Got the picture working fine using an svga cable im starting to think the cable may not be hdmi v1.3, bugger.

Back