• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Circuit City ~ LCD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Graphicism

I thought I'd drop by CC today to checkout a decent deal on a 24" LCD they have $50 cheaper than Newegg, not only did they not have it in stock (even though the website said they did) there entire range of LCD's had a static (mainly black) image of an advertisement which looked all blurred, likely 800x600 pixels on a 1920 resolution screen... do they not want to sell them?

All the CC HDTV's were playing a BlueRay movie trailer, actually making the TV's look good... and the LCD's a crappy black advertisement... what is going on?

Why don't the CC LCD's have the same video playing, or at the very least a high resolution image that would sell the product? How can they expect to sell any based on this? Are they expecting the customer to look at the product and be expected to evaluate it based on a low resolution image... which I will add made them all look the same, from the $200 range to the $600 range.

A couple of the monitors were hooked up to computers so I figured I would tab out and load up explorer... I got explorer open but I couldn't switch over to it.. a female employee was trying to help, failed, went for help, back came a male employee who also couldn't help and asked me what it was I wanted to see?... How about how the monitor actually looks? It's like selling someone a HDTV without turning it on!

Why do CC have a hard time understanding this?:(

I think its like that in every CC..the one here plays some video...and it looks crappy...really crappy..

Back