• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg scrambled website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

About a month ago I was looking through the egg carton and noticed the page looked screwed up from my normal view. The sort button was now showing by best match (a useless option in my book). Because product numbers don't sort well I use by lowest price. I switch it to lowest price and all look well. The problem is now I have to do this for each page, annoying.

About a week ago I went to look at what new procs were available. :mad: The AMD/Intel tags are gone from the drill down list. Now I have to drill down through desktop and product to get to a list, not convenient. This is like taking the driveup out of Wendy's or separating the standard burgers from the special ones on different menus.

These two changes have damaged my shopping eggperiance enough to not even want to look for stuff anymore. The good news is Amazon has toys and I'm use to their site which almost never changes. Whoever changed the egg needs to be forced to sit bare cheaked on two pentium 4s pins up.

Agree on one point... the retards over in NewEgg's web department need to pick a layout and stick to it. The constant monthly-or-less layout changes are extremely annoying.

About a month ago I was looking through the egg carton and noticed the page looked screwed up from my normal view. The sort button was now showing by best match (a useless option in my book). Because product numbers don't sort well I use by lowest price. I switch it to lowest price and all look well. The problem is now I have to do this for each page, annoying.

I been bitching about that for a while now too. I sent a thingy to their webmaster a couple weeks ago but never heard back. It's hella annoying to have to click 'highest price' every time I do a new search :-/

About a week ago I went to look at what new procs were available. :mad: The AMD/Intel tags are gone from the drill down list. Now I have to drill down through desktop and product to get to a list, not convenient. This is like taking the driveup out of Wendy's or separating the standard burgers from the special ones on different menus.

These two changes have damaged my shopping eggperiance enough to not even want to look for stuff anymore. Whoever changed the egg needs to be forced to sit bare cheaked on two pentium 4s pins up.

Agree on one point... the retards over in NewEgg's web department need to pick a layout and stick to it. The constant monthly-or-less layout changes are extremely annoying.

I been bitching about that for a while now too. I sent a thingy to their webmaster a couple weeks ago but never heard back. It's hella annoying to have to click 'highest price' every time I do a new search :-/

I agree with all the above. I can't stand the fact that their site doesn't remember your choices for breowsing even by session and the continual changing of their format sucks big time. BTW, I plan to PM their support person and point this thread to them to read. :cool:

Yeah, I agree that the site itself (not Newegg but the site) have gone downhill in many ways. The search functions are waaaaay sketchy now as well. For example, I am considering building an Intel processor based machine with Crossfire support. I had no idea what boards would support this but figured "Hey, Newegg has search functions and I remember that some of the choices were if the boards had crossfire or SLI support and that will help me." Unfortunately, those options were NOT there on the motherboard searches. No matter, I figured I would just choose the processor socket type and add in the keyword to search for as "cross" since I wasn't sure if crossfire was one or two words. Anyhow, the site comes up and tells me that there are 0 matches for my search. I knew that this couldn't be right. I then searched for crossfire and found like 5 boards, one of which was open box. Seemed like a very small amount of boards, but this was just initial investigation, so I thought it was possible. Then I saw on the main motherboards deals page there was one that said it had "CrossfireX" support. So I went back and searched for crossfireX, and strangely I was presented with MORE boards than when I searched for Crossfire. All very strange since I should have received ALL of the results when searching for Cross, and adding crossfire or crossfireX should have been reducing the number of hits I was getting. Anyhow, after doing more research on the web since I could now tell that the Newegg search was getting me nowhere, I found that there are a bunch of chipsets that support the crossfire. I then went back to Newegg and searched for those chipsets and with 2 PCIe x16 slots and was able to find quite a few more boards that supported crossfire. Yes, other boards that did crossfire that didn't show up in ANY of my previous searches at Newegg.

Oh welll =(

Lemme pile on one more thing. Searching newegg for VX450/VX550/TX650/TX750/HX520/HX620 doesn't work, they have them entered as 450VX, etc etc..

Also noticed that recently after-rebate prices aren't in order in lowest/highest price searches. An item with a rebate used to be sorted by the after-rebate price in those searches, now they're sorted by the before-rebate price.

EDIT: And another... now that SB750 boards are being released, I just noticed that the Egg's web-undevelopers have removed the ability to search motherboards by southbridge chip.

Last edited:

These two changes have damaged my shopping eggperiance enough to not even want to look for stuff anymore. The good news is Amazon has toys and I'm use to their site which almost never changes. Whoever changed the egg needs to be forced to sit bare cheaked on two pentium 4s pins up.

Dear Customers,

We Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these changes have caused you. Please make no mistake about it, we value your thoughts tremendously. I will go ahead and forward this issue to the appropriate department for review. If any of you have any further issues or concerns you may simply contact me personally at [email protected] or via telephone at 800-390-1119 ext. 25040.

Back